Making a Fire Breathing Costume Accessory
If you or your child is dressing as a dragon, you will want to make this accessory to provide the fiery breath. This page contains the instructions and photos needed to make a fire breathing costume accessory.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
After completing my kid's dragon costumes, they both mentioned they would like to be able to blow fire!
This is a blowing fire accessory - great for pretend play or to accompany a Halloween costume (for dragons, mythological creatures, Pokemon characters, etc.)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- paper towel roll
- hot glue
- felt (yellow, red, orange)
- Cut paper towel roll to your desired length. I cut 2 different lengths (1 for my daughter - smaller one and 1 for my son - larger one)
- Measure and cut enough red felt to fit around paper towel roll and set aside.
- Cut triangular flames out with red, orange, and yellow felt.
- Hot glue the flames together. Cut enough triangular pieces to be glued into place on the inside of the paper towel roll.
- Hot glue red felt around paper towel roll.
- Measure out how much elastic you'll need for the costume accessory (mouth piece) and hot glue on the other end of the paper towel tube. Now you are finished!