Making a Fortune Teller Costume

Category Adults
The mystery associated with a fortune teller, makes this a great Halloween costume choice. This page contains tips and photos for putting together a fortune teller costume for Halloween or another occasion.

I put this fortune teller costume together with things I already had. It's not a store bought costume. It got great reviews! To start, I gathered up all jewelry: rings, earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.

I found some craft feathers that I used in my props for a table place card marker I made from a dollar store large craft clothes pin, that I covered from material from an old shirt. I drew the fortune teller sign and clipped it and some cards into the top. I added a feather on each side with tacky glue, draped a chain over it.

The turban was also a dollar store item that I had for awhile, I added feathers and a broken jewelry piece to the front with tacky glue. After it dried I sewed in stitches to ensure it would hold and stay in place. I went through my clothes ad found a boho type long skirt, a plain top, and a jacket with tiny sequins and embroidery. I found a hand fan and also a round lit ball (battery) that is used for table décor. I added fabric underneath the ball to match the fabric on the card holder.

I picked out the oddest shoes I own - gold with rhinestones and they did nicely! I painted my nails a shimmery dark blue and painted markings on my fingers with black 24 hour wear eye liner.

I did buy a cheap deck or tarot cards for display. I added a scarf as a belt and added bells to it for sound effects!

Total Time: This took me an afternoon to put together.

• various jewelry, clothing, turban, feathers, card stock, glue, colored pencils (or markers for sign), bells, belt or scarf, glass sphere, make-up, deck of cards & your Funky shoes!

Directions:

• I laid out the clothing and shoes, then I put together jewelry pieces I chose. Try various things until you are satisfied! Mix and match, vary colors and textures.
  • Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? 2
    Crafts Halloween Costumes AdultsNovember 13, 2019
    🍂
    🎄