Making a Garden Witch From Twigs

Category Decorations
This cute Halloween witch is made from twigs you can collect from your garden or neighborhood. This is a guide about making a garden witch from twigs.

Here is a witch made mostly from materials found in my back yard, twine, and twigs.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

Instructions:

This witch is pretty easy to make. Gather thin twigs and some twine from your yard, and some small acorns (I used about 8). You will need enough twine to make the head, torso, and skirt.

1. Strip all the leaves, I like to use twigs with some curly vines.
  2. Then for the head, wrap twine around fingers about an inch and secure with wire. I use wire from trash bag ties or wire I collect from gifts.
  3. Now for the body, take enough twine of about 3 inches in length and width and shape into a bowling pin. I do this while the twine is wet and pliable. Then secure the twine with wire about an inch from the top to make the waist. Put aside.
  4. For the arms, I use more twine, about 3 inches, then I secure all the pieces with wire and hot glue.
  5. I wrap wire through and secure in back and fold the ends to make hands.
  6. Ad

7. For the base, make a ring about 4 inches and secure the skirt to it, secure the head to torso.
  8. For the broom, use a 3 inch twig and take the pine needles and cut to about 1 inch in length and wrap as many as you like with wire around the twig to look like a broom.
  9. For the pumpkin, wrap twine in a circle, then fan out the sides and secure with wire. Glue to hand and base.
  10. For the hat and cape, use left over candy wrappers.
  11. Ad

12. Shape the hat and glue pine needles, curly twine for hair.
  13. For the cape, glue wrappers around neck.
  14. By Belen from Jacksonville

She's adorable! Thanks for sharing.

During a search for something else, I came upon the Garden Witch. It is lovely. Our grandson, who usually does craft with me, is now living in the Middle East, so I am going to make this craft for myself. Thank you for posting it, again it is lovely

Deirdre