Making a Glass Bottle Christmas Angel
Begin with a glass bottle with an interesting shape, add a polystyrene ball for the head and decorate as desired to make a cute Christmas angel. This is a page about making a glass bottle Christmas angel.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 8, 2016
Upcycle an empty glass bottle into a beautiful angel for Christmas. With a gold and white dress, and white glitter wings, this angel will add a touch of glamour to your Christmas decorations.
Total Time: three hours, drying time included
Yield: one angel
- printout of pattern sheet for wings
- empty 470ml tall clear glass bottle
- polystyrene ball with a diameter of 65mm
- strawberry blonde synthetic doll hair
- A4 white glitter foam sheet
- sheet of 5mm multifaceted pure white rhinestones
- quick-drying gold spray paint
- Acrilex Cola air dry polystyrene glue
- clear-drying gel glue (such as Bostik Clear Gel)
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- flesh colored acrylic paint
- standard scissors
- blush and cotton ear bud
- Remove the label, wash the bottle and allow to dry upside down overnight. Tip: If necessary, use mineral turpentine to remove any glue residue from where the label was stuck.
- Spray the bottle with the gold spray paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the polystyrene glue to affix the polystyrene ball to the top of the bottle. Allow the glue to dry for at least two hours.
- Paint the polystyrene ball with the flesh paint and allow to dry.
- Use the Artline pen to lightly draw a swirl design on the front of the bottle. Use the gel glue to affix rhinestones to the swirl design one by one. Also glue a double row of rhinestones around the neck of the bottle to add a collar, and a single row of rhinestones around the bottom of the bottle.
- Cut the wings from the pattern sheet, place them on the back of the glitter foam sheet and trace the wings onto the foam sheet. Click here to download the printable template for the wings.
- Cut the wings out and use the gel glue to affix the wings to the back of the bottle.
- Use polystyrene glue to add the angel's hair.
- Add the facial features: Draw her eyelids, nose and mouth with the Artline pen. Use blush and the cotton ear bud to add her cheeks.
December 10, 20160 found this helpful
December 10, 20161 found this helpful
December 12, 20160 found this helpful
December 13, 20160 found this helpful
Thank you so much!