Making a Glitter Glue Spiderweb
A bottle of glitter glue and waxed paper are all you need for this simple Halloween craft. This is a page about making a glitter glue spiderweb
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These sparkly webs look great when used as doilies under bowls or strewn about on the table. You can make these spider webs any size you want, so suit your needs. Try making some in other colors!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bottle black glitter glue
- 1 sheet white paper
- black Sharpie
- wax paper
- Using a Sharpie, draw out your spider web on a piece of white paper.
- Tape your drawing down, then tape a piece of wax paper over it.
- Carefully trace the main lines of your web. Make sure to draw fairly thick lines, that way it will hold up when peeled off the wax paper.
- Now, trace over the rest of the web. Make sure that all of the lines touch, so that they are connected once they dry. Be careful to not put your hand in the glue!
- Gently remove your wax paper from the table and lay it on a flat surface to dry. It took my web about 24 hours to dry, especially in the thick spots.
- Gently remove your web from the wax paper once it is completely dry. If the web tears a little don't worry. Once it is laid out you won't be able to see it.
Glitter glue is transformed into long lasting spiderweb decorations. Learn how to make them in this short video.
View the full project here Glitter Glue Spiderweb