Making a Halloween Pom Pom Garland
Here is a cute craft that will add some Halloween spirit to your home. This is a page about making a Halloween pom pom garland
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This fun garland is created with homemade pom poms and fancy paper drinking straws!
- orange yarn ($ )
- small pom pom makers
- black and white paper straws
- embroidery needle (large eye)
- Open one half of the pom pom maker and begin wrapping yarn around it, working your way from one end to the other. Continue wrapping until it is almost full and there is only a slight arched space in the middle. Then close that half and repeat in the other half.
- Use scissors to cut through the center of the wrapped yarn, along the groove. Repeat on the other side. Cut a length of yarn and pull it firmly into the groove, bringing the ends together. Tie a tight knot. I like to wrap the yarn around a second time and tie another knot. Cut off the excess yarn.
- Open the two sides and separate the pom pom maker to release the pom pom.
- Take a length of yarn and make a knotted loop in the center. Then wrap it around the middle of a larger pom pom and tie tightly in place. Cut off excess yarn.
- Measure straws and mark 3 equal sections. Use scissors to cut straws.
- Determine how long the garland will be and cut a length of twine accordingly. Then mark the center of the twine with a marker. Use an embroidery needle to string the pom poms and straw segments. Note: I chose a pattern of smaller pom pom, straw, larger pom pom, straw, and so on. I also chose to leave extra twine hanging down on each end and finished the ends with a smaller pom pom and a knot at the end of the twine (see photo below).
- Create slip knots after the last pom pom on each end and hang. Then hang the center pom pom by the yarn loop.
October 10, 20160 found this helpful
This festive and frugal garland is made from orange pom poms and drinking straws. Learn how to make it in this short video.