Making a Happy Holidays Bow Wreath

Category Decorations
Make a simple, quick, inexpensive bow wreath using a Styrofoam wreath form and lots of gift bows. The instructions can be found on this page.

Even though I am not done unpacking, it occurred to me that I hadn't had time to decorate with any Christmas things. So today, I did something super easy and fast.

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 1

Source: Saw on Pinterest and emulated it.

• 25-30 Dollar Tree bows ($.50)
  • 25-40 straight pins
  • Styrofoam wreath form ($.49)
  • 18 in scrap yarn for hanging
  • scissors

1. I laid my wreath on another to work on it at an angle. You don't have to.
  2. Choose your colors and sizes and just begin by putting the straight pin on the bow center (closest to the paper sticker). If your bows have a paper sticker, you can use that. Mine was plastic and hard to get through.
    In some, you will have to pin one in each side of the bow, as they are larger.
  3. Keep going till your wreath is full. N-JOY!!
  4. NOTE: You might ask "why not use hot glue". You can if you want the wreath to be permanent. I don't. Also I have gutters that need to be cleaned and until they are, rain splatters on my porch. The pins will make them a bit sturdier in the wind, as well.
  5. Advertisement

I love the bows! I wanted to make one too, but the foam circle were expensive here. :)

Thanks!! If there is still time, do this. Go to a home improvement store and get a pipe insulation. They are about .96 for 7-8 feet. Cut it in 2 and you can wrap around the ends with duct tape and don't be sparing. The foam will resist and try to be flat again. The other is to get the smaller green ones at the dollar tree. Hope that helps.
The one I found I got for .49 at Goodwill.

Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 13, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-15 18:12:01 in 901 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️