Making a Haunted Tree Decoration

Category Decorations
Heavy recycled cardboard and some paint transform a plain tree trunk into a fun haunted tree decoration for Halloween. Learn how to make this fun, scary decoration.

This is a simple Halloween decoration made with cardboard and paint, that will cost almost nothing to create. Stick it up onto a tree in your yard for all the trick or treaters to see.

• big piece of cardboard
  • marker
  • utility knife
  • brown and black paints

I saw a decoration like this being sold online and I thought to myself, "I can make that!" Since we recently moved we still have a backlog of cardboard boxes that we haven't been able to recycle yet. I used one of the big boxes to cut the pieces out of. It was super easy to make and I think it turned out pretty good.

1. Figure out which tree in your yard you would like to use. Decide how big the face should be and use that measurement to draw out the face.
  2. Advertisement

3. Draw the outline of the tree monster's head and arms on to a piece of cardboard.
  4. Paint the eyes and mouth black. Paint some long brown lines to look like tree bark onto the face and arms.
  5. Use the utility knife to cut out the monster.
  6. Nail the face and arms in place. Note: galvanized or stainless steel nails or screws are less likely to harm the tree.
  7. Advertisement

8. If you want to make this even more creepy, you could light this from the back.

I love this idea & looks amazing! I have tons of cardboard saved. :) Thank you!

What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cuter than a bug's ear!

I like all but the nails in the tree. I think heavy tape or tie it on would be better.

Crafts Halloween DecorationsFebruary 20, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀

Generated 2020-02-21 23:06:37 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️