December 19, 20092 found this helpful
Wreath made of individually twisted end wrapped candies.
Approximate Time: Several hours depending on size and fullness.
- wire ring* (I used a 7 inch)
- curling ribbon
- individually wrapped candy with twisted ends (I used approx. 6 lbs.)
- 6 inches of wire to make loop for hanging
- children's scissors (optional)
*If you can't find a pre-made ring, you can use a wire coat hanger. Cut with a wire cutter and form into a ring.
- Cut pieces of curling ribbon approximately 8 inches each.
- Tie a piece of curling ribbon to each piece of candy with one knot.
- Tie pieces of candy to wire ring with 2 knots.
- As the space on the ring fills up, push candies together. (The amount of candy you use will depend on how tight you push the candies together.)
- Attach a bow
- Place the 6 inches of wire through the wreath. Twist ends to form hanger.
Optional: use a piece of curling ribbon to tie a scissors to the wreath.
By MaryEllen from Wallingford, CT