Making a Lighted Glass Block

I am making a lighted glass block with a photo on the outside with rhinestones around the photo and ribbon around the block to tie into a bow on top. What can I put inside the block with the lights or do I just leave it with just the white wire lights showing?

Best Answer

If you're using ribbon you won't be drilling your hole on the top or side of your block. You'll need to drill the hole on the back of your block.

In order to not see the lights inside the block you can always use a nice backing on the block to hide the wires on the inside. This would be similar to a picture frame. It can be felt or even a piece of colored paper.

I like the way the ribbon as tied on this tutorial. It shows you an easy way to drill the hole in your block and place your lights. designeddecor.com/.../

You can put a picture in or just leave the lights. There is an excellent tutorial here:www.google.com/.../%3famp_page=true

My kids have made these at school for Gift projects and I've always thought they were neat! The hole to insert the lights is drilled on the bottom. There is often a background picture or blank piece of paper covering the front that is Fastened with Mod-Podge. (this can be found at any craft store.) The lights do show on the sides, top, and back. Any mini string lights work good.

You can add little glass rocks it will cover the cords.
You can also put small christmas balls inside the block.