Making a Painted Branch Christmas Tree

Category Decorations
Use a tree branch to create a lovely painted Christmas tree for a tabletop display or in place of a larger one. Add lights and ornaments and you are ready for the holidays. This is a guide about making a painted branch Christmas tree.

This year, I wanted to do something different for Christmas. Keeping up with the green trend, I wanted to have a Christmas tree that would be friendly towards nature.

I asked my gardener to cut a branch from a camphor tree. I trimmed the branch to the correct size, planted it in a pot and then painted it with ordinary white acrylic paint, which I happened to have at hand.

I used some decorations that I had available to add some "bling," and voila! A different type of tree for Christmas this year!

I love Christmas, everybody loves Christmas, but I don't always want to spend a lot for decorations especially with the Christmas tree. I don't want to buy the big ones that end up getting thrown away, since our place gets flooded every year and it feels like I have thrown away my money then.

Here are branches from flower bush/tree I found in the backyard which I transformed into a golden Christmas tree.

• gold paint
  • paint brush
  • stones/rocks
  • flower pot
  • a piece of cloth
  • Christmas balls
  • Christmas lights

1. I found this branch on the backyard. This used to be a flower bush in front of the house that was cut off because it had grown too big and covered the front yard.
  2. I made it stand in a big flower pot and filled the pot with large stones to support the tree.
  3. Next, I bought two small cans of golden paint, which cost me only $1.
  4. Ad

5. I painted the tree starting from the bigger parts of the branch up to the smaller ones. Start with the big branches because they are easier to paint than the twigs. Then let it dry for a while.
  6. The next thing I did was put it into my preferred area and then covered the stones with white cloth or you can just paint it with white. Now you can decorate it with Christmas balls and lights. See the beautiful effect of the gold paint in combination with the lights?
  7. Ad