Making a Paper Doily Christmas Tree
Make a lovely tabletop Christmas tree using paper doilies. This is a guide about making a paper doily Christmas tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a delicate Christmas tree to add to your table decorations for Christmas Eve. Use cardstock and paper doilies to create it, and add a silver star to the top of this dainty little tree.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: one tree
- A4 sheet of red cardstock
- 10-12 white paper doilies
- silver glitter Christmas star ornament
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- hot glue gun and glue stick
- Roll the red cardstock into a cone and use Sellotape to keep it in position. Note: The base for the tree can be made in any color cardstock ~ for the purpose of this article, red was used, so that the tree could fit with red-and-white table decorations.
- Use the scissors to trim the bottom even so that the cone will be able to stand on a surface.
- Cut off the lace part of the doilies.
- Cut each lace section into smaller strips.
- Starting at the bottom, glue the first lace part of a doily around the cone. Add some glue where it overlaps and cut off the excess of the lace part.
- Glue the next lace part directly above the first one, then add the third, fourth etc., until the whole cone has been covered.
- Gently fold each lace strip upwards so that it will create the mock pine branches.
- Hot glue the star to the top of the tree.
December 2, 20151 found this helpful
Lacy paper doilies are glued in layers to create this delicate snowy tree. Learn how to make it in this short video.