Making a Paper Plate Black Cat
This is a page about making a paper plate black cat
. Inexpensive spooky cat decorations can be made for Halloween out of paper plates.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These paper plate black cats are an easy, fun decoration to make for Halloween!
- paper plate
- black paint
- goggly eyes
- black yarn
- Draw a circular shape that extends from the lower edge into the middle of the plate to create the legs ad underbelly of the cat. Cut it out.
- Now cut a tail out of the shape you just removed from the plate. Then cut out a head and ears from the remaining piece of plate.
- Glue the tail, head, and ears to the body.
- Once the glue has dried, paint the cat black. Add layers of paint until you have good coverage. Allow to dry completely.
- Glue the eye and yarn (as whiskers) to the head.
Here's a cute kids' craft that uses paper plates and paint to make these spooky cats. Learn how to make them in this short video.