Making a Paper Plate Christmas Collage
Kids of all ages love to decorate paper plates. Create unique, artistic expressions of your holiday cheer. This guide is about making a paper plate Christmas collage
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn a paper plate into a beautiful artwork for Christmas and wow your friends with your creativity this year. This craft uses simple materials, but the end result is very pleasing to the eye. A great way for the kids to have some Christmas fun!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one collage
- standard white economy paper plate
- sheet of dark green crepe paper
- leftover pieces of brown, yellow, and pink felt
- one star anise seed
- nine 3mm pearl stickers
- natural 2mm wide jute ribbon
- powder blue acrylic paint
- Pilot silver marker pen
- red and black felt-tip pens
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- plastic lid with a diameter of 6.6
- Use the ruler and draw a triangle in the middle of the plate.
- Cut 2" x 1.6" sized rectangles from the crepe paper. Take a rectangle and crumple it up. Use glue to affix it to the triangle. Continue adding crumpled pieces of crepe paper to the triangle until the whole triangle has been covered.
- Place and centre the 6.6" plastic lid onto the paper plate and trace all around it. Now use the red felt-tip pen to make a candy cane frame all around the paper plate. Color each red strip up to the pencil circle.
- Use the paint and brush to add an uneven light blue wash to the background of the plate. Do not paint over the tree or the frame.
- Use the black felt-tip pen to freehand draw over the pencil circle.
- Cut a rectangle from the brown felt to make the tree trunk. Glue the trunk in place, and add the star to the top of the tree.
- Glue the pearl rhinestones to the tree to add Christmas lights.
- Make a bow with the jute ribbon and glue it to the tree trunk.
- Cut a square from the pink felt. Glue the present below the tree and add a jute bow to the present.
- Cut an oval shaped present from the yellow felt. Glue it below the tree and add a jute bow. To finish it off, use the silver pen to draw small stars all around the tree.
December 7, 20150 found this helpful
February 26, 20160 found this helpful
its nice i made it
In These Guides