Making a Paper Plate Jack-O'-Lantern
Plan on making this cute kids' Halloween craft. It would make a nice alternative to carving a pumpkin for your little ones. This is a page about making a paper plate Jack-o-lantern
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Paper plate Jack-o-lanterns are a fun, kid-friendly project to make at home or at school.
- paper plate
- orange tissue paper
- green construction paper
- brown construction paper
- black construction paper
- Elmer's school glue
- Trace your child's hand onto green construction paper and cut it out. Cut a stem out of the brown construction paper.
- Cut the orange tissue paper into 1 inch strips, then cut the strips into small squares.
- Apply a thin layer of glue to an area and adhere the tissue paper squares. Overlap the squares, covering the whole plate. Allow glue to dry.
- Put squares all the way out to the edge, allowing them to overhang the edge. Use scissors to trim off the excess.
- Attach the stem and handprint leaf to the top of the pumpkin.
- Draw a Jack-o-lantern face on the black construction paper. Cut the face out and glue it to the pumpkin. Attach a string to the top for hanging if you want.
Here is a cute Halloween craft using paper plates and hand tracings. Learn how to make it in this short video.