Making a Penguin Cutlery Holder
Dress up your holiday table with this cute little penguin cutlery envelope. This is a guide about making a penguin cutlery holder
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Choose a color and a theme for your Christmas dinner table. Make corrugated cardstock envelopes for the serviettes, knives and forks, and add a special touch to your table decorations without breaking the bank in the process. A simple yet effective way to glam up a table!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one envelope
- printout of provided pattern sheet
- 10.2 x 7.1 in ice blue corrugated cardstock
- A5 sized black sugar paper
- A6 sized white sugar paper
- A6 sized orange cardstock
- pair of yellow 15mm wiggle eyes
- 10mm wide light blue washi tape
- 10mm wide dark blue washi tape
- clear snowflake self-adhesive lace tape
- red-and-white twine
- four 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Fold the corrugated cardstock into thirds. Then add glue to the bottom of the cardstock envelope as well as to the last flap to secure the folds.
- Turn the envelope over so that the fold will be at the back. Add light blue washi tape all around the bottom of the envelope and cut off the rest of the tape where the tape overlaps at the back of the envelope.
- Add a second strip of light blue washi tape to the envelope.
- Add a strip of dark blue washi tape around the envelope. The dark blue tape must overlap the two light blue strips of tape.
- Trace the body of the penguin onto the black sugar paper and cut it out. Glue the penguin's body to the front of the envelope.
- Trace the second part of the body onto the white sugar paper and cut it out. Glue it to the envelope.
- Add the two wiggle eyes.
- Trace and cut the wings from black sugar paper. Add a drop of glue to the top of each wing and a 3D foam square to the bottom, and attach the wings to the penguin.
- Trace and cut the feet from the orange cardstock. Add a drop of glue to the top of each foot and a 3D foam square to the bottom, and attach the feet to the penguin.
- Cut a diamond shaped beak from the orange cardstock. Fold it in half and attach to the penguin.
- Add a strip of snowflake tape over the dark blue washi tape.
- Make a bow with the twine and glue it below the penguin's beak. Add the serviette, the knife and the fork and voila!