Making a Salt Spider Web Painting
A spider web painting can be made with glue and salt. Once dried paint the salt with a q-tip and acrylic paint.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun activity for the kids to play with. And especially if you don't have glitter on hand, you can use salt as a cheaper alternative and some water colors, or acrylic paint mixed with water.
This is not just for Halloween themes, you can make any painting/drawing with the glue.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- acrylic paint
- Use black construction paper. Or, if you don't have any on hand - paint a sturdy piece of paper (or card) with acrylic black paint. Allow to dry.
- Using liquid glue, draw your design. I went with a spiderweb.
- Place your painting in a shallow box, making this project less messy and have your child sprinkle salt all over.
- Shake off the remainder of the salt. This project can be left as is, but you can add color!
- Using watercolor or acrylic paint mix with water. Dab in a Q-tip and touch to the drawing and watch the salt change colors.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.