Making a Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament
Tiles from old Scrabble games are great for making various crafts, from jewelry to Christmas ornaments. This is a page about making a Scrabble tile Christmas ornament
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
Here's an easy craft for Christmas. Simply thread buttons on a thin ribbon, alternating Scrabble tiles to spell out any greeting or holiday phrase you like. Make a loop at the top to hang.
Merry Christmas everyone.
I love Scrabble tiles and making things from them. I also love Dollar Tree ornaments. Today, I made some ornaments from both. I hope you like them.
Total Time: 2 hours
Source: I saw a photo on Pinterest
Link: Felt Scrabble Tile Ornaments
- 39 Scrabble tiles
- .5 sq ft felt
- 2 sticks hot glue
- 9 ornaments
- 5 Dollar Tree miniature bows
- I planned the words I wanted to use, then got the tiles together. Knowing that smooth surfaces and smooth surfaces don't adhere well, I needed a "medium" that would adhere to both, and that was felt.
- I glued the tiles to the felt and then trimmed what I didn't need off the strip. Then I turned it over and ran a bead of glue down the center. Aligning the center of the snowflake, I laid that on the bead of glue and held it down for about a minute.
- Do the same with the other ornaments, finding the center so it's easier to get the word straight. I recommend you spell out the word on the ornament to make sure it fits. The BELLS one is on felt only, and was actually the first one I made, fashioning it after the site I got the ideas from.
- NOTE: I didn't like the way some of the words lined up, as in trying to get them to glue to each other as well as the felt. So I will put that spacer in them from now on. N-JOY!!