Making a Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament

Category Ornaments
Tiles from old Scrabble games are great for making various crafts, from jewelry to Christmas ornaments. This is a page about making a Scrabble tile Christmas ornament.

Here's an easy craft for Christmas. Simply thread buttons on a thin ribbon, alternating Scrabble tiles to spell out any greeting or holiday phrase you like. Make a loop at the top to hang.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I love Scrabble tiles and making things from them. I also love Dollar Tree ornaments. Today, I made some ornaments from both. I hope you like them.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 9

Source: I saw a photo on Pinterest

Link: Felt Scrabble Tile Ornaments

• 39 Scrabble tiles
  • .5 sq ft felt
  • 2 sticks hot glue
  • scissors
  • 9 ornaments
  • 5 Dollar Tree miniature bows

1. I planned the words I wanted to use, then got the tiles together. Knowing that smooth surfaces and smooth surfaces don't adhere well, I needed a "medium" that would adhere to both, and that was felt.
  2. Advertisement

3. I glued the tiles to the felt and then trimmed what I didn't need off the strip. Then I turned it over and ran a bead of glue down the center. Aligning the center of the snowflake, I laid that on the bead of glue and held it down for about a minute.
  4. Do the same with the other ornaments, finding the center so it's easier to get the word straight. I recommend you spell out the word on the ornament to make sure it fits. The BELLS one is on felt only, and was actually the first one I made, fashioning it after the site I got the ideas from.
  5. Advertisement

6. NOTE: I didn't like the way some of the words lined up, as in trying to get them to glue to each other as well as the felt. So I will put that spacer in them from now on. N-JOY!!

In These Pages
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsNovember 28, 2016
😷
👒
🐰
🌻
🐛