CostumesHalloween

Making a Skirt and Decorating It Like a Christmas Tree

Category Costumes

Has anyone made a Christmas tree "skirt" as a joke for a holiday party? Instead of wearing the traditional Christmas sweater, I want to make a skirt out of tulle and then decorate it. I saw a picture somewhere, but can not find anything. I am a visual learner and I need to see something to get me started. Thanks.

By lassiegirl

All you would have to do is find a pattern for a circle skirt (like they wore back in the 50s, they ones that when spread out in a complete circle), and use that or else just use a straight piece of tulle and gather it onto a waist band. For the waist band you would have to plain woven fabric for either type of skirt. For the decorations you would need fabric glue and then cut whatever Christmas designs out of different fabrics and glue them on the tulle.