Making a Snowman/Joy Paper Chain Ornament
This cute snowman is made from tubes of white paper, put together in a chain. It's easy to add "Joy" or any other festive term to the craft.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is an easy and cute link ornament for your home. You can use this concept to create a countdown until Christmas or write out holiday words (I used "Joy", feel free to use any other word you'd like and add more links if needed).
Total Time: 20 minutes
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- Cut strips of paper (to create links).
- Curl strips of paper over and glue or tape.
- To decorate the snowman link - cut out an orange triangle from construction paper. Add eyes and a smile.
- Hot glue the hat in place. (If you do not have a hat, you can make your own with construction paper.
- Now you are ready to add links underneath by placing a strip of paper into the hole and curling it into a circle and taping.
- Repeat this process until you have enough links to spell out Joy on one side.
- For the final touches, add a small link above the hat so you can secure a small knotted ribbon to hang it up.
November 24, 20190 found this helpful
Simple yet so cute!