Making a Spiderweb Wreath

Category Decorations
Spiderweb wreaths are perfect to display for fall and Halloween. There are a number of ways to make a spiderweb motif wreath. Instructions follow.

I am not a fan of spiders, so this was a reach for me. I hope you enjoy it!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• 1 12" foam ring
  • 18-20 ft pumpkin colored fabric
  • 16 ft black yarn
  • 30 straight pins
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • 2 fake spiders

1. I cut my fleece into 1" strips. I reused a ring I had used before, so it was painted. I wrapped the fabric around and I used straight pins to secure.
  2. When the wrapping was done, I flipped it over to make the webbing. I made a knot in the end of the yarn, and pinned it to the back. Each pin went through the yarn, then in front of it when it was reaching the other way, not unlike tent stakes. Then it would hold better when stretched a bit to get it taut.
  3. I have been crocheting a lot, so I wanted this to be super simple, almost one of those things the kids could do. I just made the webbing erratic and wrapped the yarn around itself in a couple places.
  4. Then I kind of went for the odd web pattern, which really isn't one. It was fun to imagine a spider not quite knowing how to "web"!! N-JOY!!
  5. Turn wreath over, so that the pins anchoring the web are on the back. Glue spiders to the wreath.
  6. Advertisement

My daughter loves spiders and since I had Kohl's Cash from a previous purchase, I bought this placemat for less than $4. Here is my take and twist for this cute spiderweb indoor wreath.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Using black pipe cleaners, wrap the pipe cleaners around the spider web edges.
  2. Repeat throughout the web.
  3. Using spider rings (clip into place) - if they do not stay you can glue to pipe cleaner if you plan to use the placemat in the future.
Crafts Halloween DecorationsNovember 18, 2019
🎄
🍂