Making a Strawberry Costume
Make a cute strawberry costume for your child this Halloween. This is a guide about making a strawberry costume.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- red felt fabric
- needle and thread
- hot glue gun(optional)
- yellow, brown and/or black paint
- green felt
Using red felt, measure the length and width of the child, cut out a strawberry (2 layers). Sew the shoulders together leaving a hole large enough for the child's head and sew or hot glue some straps to the sides. If your child is bigger than a toddler you can always just sew or glue straps on the shoulders.
Use paint to dab some berry seeds all over the strawberry, I used a swirled mixture of brown and yellow to give it depth. Cut out some leaves of green felt (like cutting out a daisy). This can be attached to their head with a barrette.
By Melissa M. from MI
I saw this on you tube. I thought it was really cute and easy.
Total Time: 1 hour
Source: you tube
- red sweater or t-shirt
- white construction paper
- green construction paper
- green felt
- glue gun
- regular white paper
- Lay your shirt out. Then cut off sleeves only about halfway.
- Cut out of your regular white paper shapes that look like teardrops. Glue them on to the shirt.
- Cut out a long rectangular strip of construction paper, about 4 inches wide. Measure your child's head so it fits, then glue it together. Cut out green construction paper and cover your hat with it.
- Cut out about 10 green felt leaves.
- Cut little two inch strips of construction paper, glue on the top of your leaf to hold it up.
- Glue the leaves onto the front of the hat.
- She can wear the cut sleeves on her arms. Cut a small hole for the thumb. Then you are done.