Making a Triceratops Costume
Dinosaurs are a favorite kid and adult Halloween costume choice. This is a guide about making a triceratops costume.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This Halloween I did not prepare a costume in advance, planning on not dressing up this year (very much against my character). So at the last minute (Halloween night at 4 P.M.) I decided to throw something together. This costume is cheap, easy, quick and uses stuff most people have laying around there house.
- large piece of cardboard
- packing tape
- crayons (or paint)
- Ex-acto Knife
- piece of yarn
- I looked up a picture of one of my favorite dinosaurs, the triceratops, on the internet before I began. First you need to draw the outline of the dino head on the back side of the cardboard. Once it is the way you like it, use and ex-acto knife to cut out your design.
- Now use the crayons to add color and depth to your dino.
- Next you need to cut out 3 horns, one smaller and two larger. Once you have those the shape you like use the packing tape to tape them in place, one piece of tape on each side of the horn.
- Cut your eye holes (you can also do this step before you put your horns on which may be easier depending on your cutting utensil).
- You can either hold this mask up when you want to, or you can take a piece a string and thread it through the eye holes and tie it behind your head. I found, having long hair, that tying it back into a high pony tail helped keep the mask on.
- If you end up making this costume before the night of Halloween you could paint the cardboard and it would stand out more!
- For the feet, cut them out of cardboard, then cut a hole to slip your feet through. You wear these on top of your shoes!
- For the finishing touch, wear a green outfit!
This outfit was a hit and was made under an hour! Rarrrr!
November 1, 20060 found this helpful
I love it. i would never have thought of it. I hope you got lots of treats.
By guest (Guest Post)
November 2, 20060 found this helpful
beautiful job..............I think your child will request you to make another one next year!!!!!
By guest (Guest Post)
October 30, 20080 found this helpful
Really cute and creative!