Making a Wooden Ball Gift Tag Ornament
Wooden beads strung together with a handmade gift tag below and a pretty ribbon on the top do double duty as a gift tag and ornament. Instructions and a supplies list follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a tutorial on how to make this cute, wooden ball tag ornament for your tree or to use as a gift tag for a present.
If you are using this as a gift tag on a present, I would recommend writing the recipient's name on the front (you can put your name on the back so they know who it is from). Then they could use it as an ornament for their Christmas tree too (so it's a 2-in-1 personalized tag and ornament.)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- tag paper cutter (or cut your own)
- scrapbook paper
- heart puncher or hole puncher
- wooden balls
- Select a scrapbook paper pattern that you want your tag to be and stamp/cut out the tag.
- Use any stickers, stamps, or magazine cuttings to decorate your tag. I used a sticker and cut out a rectangle and wrote happy holidays.
- Punch hole (heart cutter) and thread twine.
- Add wooden beads and then secure with a loop knot.
- Knot other end and cut off excess.
- Using ribbon make a bow on the twine.
- It is ready to hang on the tree or gift.