Making an Angel Christmas Card
The angel motif is a common one found on Christmas cards whether purchased or handmade. This is a page about making an angel Christmas card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a Christmas card with an angel as the star of the card. With soft hues of brown, caramel, and gold, and her transparent wings, this angel is sure to steal the recipient's heart. A great way to share some Christmas magic!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 5.7 x 8.2 in pale gold textured cardstock
- 5.4 x 3.6 in white textured cardstock
- 3 caramel colored poultry feathers, each with a length of approximately 3
- small piece of wax paper
- 15mm wide white-with-golden-polka-dots washi tape
- pair of 5mm wiggle eyes
- 9 self-adhesive 3mm pearl stickers
- 0.1 in wide golden metallic ribbon
- 2 3D foam cubes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- flesh Faber Castell watercolor pencil
- Artline 210 fineliner black pen
- red and brown felt tip pens
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the pale gold textured cardstock to create a card sized 5.7" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the white textured cardstock to the front of the card.
- Add a strip of washi tape to the top and bottom of the card and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use the flesh pencil to draw and color a circle with a diameter of 0.7" ~ this will be angel's face.
- Glue sesame seeds to the circle to make the hair and add the wiggle eyes.
- Use the Artline pen and red felt-tip pen to add the rest of the facial features.
- Cut the wings from the wax paper. Use the brown and Artline pen to add some detail to the wings. Then, spray the wings with a little bit of hairspray and while the hairspray is still wet, lightly rub over the wings with your finger. Allow to dry, add glue to the centre part of the wings and glue them in place.
- Use the feathers to make the angel's dress. Add a 3D foam cube behind each wing, close to the where the feathers are glued, to lift the edges of the wings off the paper.
- Add a small bow just below the collar of her dress, and finish it off by gluing the nine pearl stickers in random places on the card.
To make a singing angel Christmas card you will need some muslin fabric, lace and white feathers. Let this little angel share your message of peace and joy.