Crafts & DecorationsMy Frugal Wedding

Memorable Party Favors

We will be creating over 100 of these for my daughter's wedding reception, but you could use them at showers, birthdays, or other important parties! Personalize them however you'd like with colors, words, graphics, even stickers, or pressed flowers. A fun project to make with bridesmaids too!

Total Time: varies according to how many you are making

1. First I coated the back of the stones with two layers of white acrylic paint. The more layers the more even it will look. Allow to dry.
  2. Then I used a pencil and sketched the lettering then I went over it with a medium tipped marker. NOTE: I didn't use permanent marker on these first few samples and they smeared both when handling and slightly when sprayed, so "Use permanent" markers (or look for paint pens at your local craft store.)
  3. I would recommend you let it dry and spray the backs with the sealant before working on the front. (Experience taught me that too!)
  4. Next, paint a background color on the front. You could even use white. This helps the picture or wording "pop" at the end, otherwise it may not have a high contrast, especially with a black stone like I used! It also helps the paint to adhere to the smooth surface.
  5. Next, sketch whatever you want to write or draw onto the stone (once it is totally dry. I just put mine out in the sun, but you could use a hair dryer too.)
  6. Use your marker or paint and brush to make your design and let it dry.
  7. Once it is "totally" dry bring it outside to spray (about 10" away from the stone) with clear enamel and let dry some more.
  8. We will be sprinkling these around the reception tables.

Such a very cute wedding favor. Great job!

Very sweet! Congratulations to your growing family!