CostumesHalloween

Mini Witch Hat Headband

I love dainty little costume hats. I think it's nice to just have a touch of a costume when you don't want to go all out. This little witch hat is made of craft paper, fruit netting, and ribbon, then taped onto a headband. I painted my craft paper black. Alternatively, you could use black craft paper.

Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time

Yield: 1 hat headband

1. Trace the smaller circle onto the craft paper. This will be the base of your hat.
  2. To make the cone part of the hat, trace the larger circle onto the corner of the craft paper, slightly off of it. You want a rounded triangle shape of sorts.
  3. Now draw a rectangle on one side. This will be the tab you that will stick inside of the cone to keep it together.
  4. Cut out the 2 shapes.
  5. Paint these cutouts black. Let dry.
  6. Add hot glue to the tab on the triangular piece, then form the cone. The tab will keep this cone intact.
  7. Add hot glue to the base of the cone, then affix to the circular base of the hat. Hold in place 15 seconds.
  8. Glue on your decorative netting. Glue ribbon around the hat.
  9. Tape the witch hat onto the headband. You're all set!

Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 23, 2019
🎃
🍂