Mini Witch Hat Headband
I love dainty little costume hats. I think it's nice to just have a touch of a costume when you don't want to go all out. This little witch hat is made of craft paper, fruit netting, and ribbon, then taped onto a headband. I painted my craft paper black. Alternatively, you could use black craft paper.
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
Yield: 1 hat headband
- sturdy craft paper
- 2 different sized plates or bowls
- pen or pencil
- black acrylic paint
- hot glue
- Trace the smaller circle onto the craft paper. This will be the base of your hat.
- To make the cone part of the hat, trace the larger circle onto the corner of the craft paper, slightly off of it. You want a rounded triangle shape of sorts.
- Now draw a rectangle on one side. This will be the tab you that will stick inside of the cone to keep it together.
- Cut out the 2 shapes.
- Paint these cutouts black. Let dry.
- Add hot glue to the tab on the triangular piece, then form the cone. The tab will keep this cone intact.
- Add hot glue to the base of the cone, then affix to the circular base of the hat. Hold in place 15 seconds.
- Glue on your decorative netting. Glue ribbon around the hat.
- Tape the witch hat onto the headband. You're all set!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!