My Organized Frugal Life

I have always been frugal. I am even more frugal as I get older and the economy has forced me to be more frugal, to stretch the almighty dollar. I access web sites, use coupons, go to clothes/food giveaways all in the effort to pay my bills and saving as much money as I can. Sometime it is a struggle. But in the end it is worth it.

The corner stone to my keeping me on track is organization. I have it down to a very manageable system. There are some days when things fall behind, but for the most part, it works, at least for me. Let me break down my schedule for you.

• Iron my clothes for the week with one extra outfit
  • Reorganize items in the storage area in the garage
  • Scroll through the Sunday, looking at the ads and coupons
  • Prepare dinner
  • Clean out refrigerator old food and leftovers, straightened out cupboards - mini shopping list.
  • Cut and sort coupons. Coupons will be sorted by expiration date first, then by food and non food items.
  • Prepare book bag for transportation (projects that can worked on during break and lunch time)
  • Bedtime routine (change purse, redo finger nail polish, etc)

• Use my break time and lunch time to check emails, reply to texts, and messages.
  • Fill out surveys, rewards sites.
  • Make phone calls if needed.
  • Clean emails from phone on the way to work( my husband usually drives me in)
  • Jot down any ideas or thoughts about my next blog posts.
  • Take shots of scene to be used in posting.
  • Check phone messages from home
  • Organize coupons

• Last day for end/beginning of new sales ads.
  • I have an app and email alerts to the new weekly ads.
  • Check email apps and any alerts from for CVS, Kmart, Wal-Mart, Target, other various sites
  • Complete any surveys from various stores or receipts.
  • Check to see if items are needed from last week's sale or this week sale ads
  • Match coupons to ads

• Shopping trips with living area

• Visit local thrift shops for new merchandise
  • Start new post to blog. I have 5 blogs and will deal with each on a weekly basis

• Finish editing blog post. Check email and other reward sites. Complete any information for mailing out any letters, bills. I use bill pay and money orders to pay bills
  • Start making jewelry and anything connected with my jewelry business(adding hooks, finishing products, taking pictures, edit for uploading on to blog and web site.

• Continue to add to blog. Download pictures to photo editing sites(Flickr, Pinick, Photobucket)
  • Check email, Face Book, Twitter, Four Square and Twitter
  • Start laundry
  • Clean upstairs bathroom
  • Clean living room and dining room
  • Finish laundry

• Clean bedroom
  • Clean downstairs bathroom

• Wash remaining clothes and bed linen
  • Defrost food for dinner
  • Go to library for old magazines and use computer services
  • Check email for preview of next weeks ads
  • Cut and sort any coupons from magazines and web sites
  • Finish any shopping before new ads on Sunday
  • Read/Scroll through magazines and any readings

Now this schedule can change due to emergencies, appointments,outings or I am just to tire to move. There are times when I will tweak this schedule to fit my needs, but basically, this is it. It keeps me on my toes and lets everyone else know what to expect. Easy as pie.

By Georgetta Ruth from Waterloo, IA

Good for you! I admire your spunk in not letting anything get in your way of living frugally!

What a marvelous list of 'to do things' on any given day. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

What an interesting yet frugal life you lead.