Non-Traditional Foam Pumpkin Halves

I have done some non-traditional colors this year. I was inspired by those on Pinterest and here, so I gave it a shot. Hope you like them!

Total Time: 5 hours

Yield: 4

Source: Seen on several sights. This one inspried me the most.

Link: Everyday Celebrating

• 2 foam pumpkins
  • 1 French Knife
  • 4 colors of paint
  • 4 brushes
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • 4 mini pumpkins
  • 20-24 table scatter/leaves
  • 4 felt sheets
  • 4 ft ribbon

1. Remove the stem and find the seam of the pumpkin. Carefully cut each in half with a large knife or an X-acto knife.
  2. Trim off any edges that didn't trim well. Choose your paint colors. I chose white, purple, green, and yellow.
  3. So do you know the difference between good paint and bad paint? 6 coats. Yes, the other colors were 2, but the white, as it was a different brand, took 8 coats. It was not fun. So I got them all done and was finally ready to embellish.
  4. I had these cute little buttons and decided to put the other three colors of button on each one. So, at first I just pinned them on, thinking that would work. My goal was to make all the pumpkins so I could take them apart and use them again. But that didn't work. They kept falling off so I didn't worry about that idea and went ahead and glued everything.
  5. So this is a close up of the buttons, and the scatter. I painted the little wire based foam pumpkin the same four colors, then speared each one to the top of each pumpkin, matching them to the center color of the buttons.
  6. I had glued the foam to the backs of each one and trimmed around the edges about 1/3". Then glued some ribbon to the back and they are ready to hang. N-JOY!!

Decorations CraftsNovember 7, 2020
😷
🎄
🍂
Sub-Categories
AdviceBooksCandyCostumesCraftsDecorationsGamesGhost StoriesHaunted HouseHistoryJokesLinksMake UpMiscellaneousPartiesPartiesPhotosPumpkin CarvingRecipesSafetyTipsTreats
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Non-Traditional-Foam-Pumpkin-Halves-1.html