Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
Does anyone have a cookie recipe from the original Mirro Press booklet? It called for powdered sugar and no eggs.
Thx so much.
I was really curious as I did not remember a recipe with no eggs but there is one: Check it out in the booklet.
SANDIES - Time: 8-10 Min.
Temp.: 400 F.
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1. Cream shortening, gradually add the sugar.
2. Add water, lemon and vanilla extract.
3. Add flour gradually and mix well.
4. Fill a M IR R O Aluminum cooky press.
5. Form cookies on an ungreased M IR R O Aluminum cooky sheet.
Yield - 3 1/2 dozen
Here is a Mirro booklet:
Is it one of these?
PS....here is a modern twist on one of them:
I think this is what you are looking for: archive.lib.msu.edu/