Paper Doily Christmas Tree
Make a delicate Christmas tree to add to your table decorations for Christmas Eve. Use cardstock and paper doilies to create it, and add a silver star to the top of this dainty little tree.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: one tree
- A4 sheet of red cardstock
- 10-12 white paper doilies
- silver glitter Christmas star ornament
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- hot glue gun and glue stick
- Roll the red cardstock into a cone and use Sellotape to keep it in position. Note: The base for the tree can be made in any color cardstock ~ for the purpose of this article, red was used, so that the tree could fit with red-and-white table decorations.
- Use the scissors to trim the bottom even so that the cone will be able to stand on a surface.
- Cut off the lace part of the doilies.
- Cut each lace section into smaller strips.
- Starting at the bottom, glue the first lace part of a doily around the cone. Add some glue where it overlaps and cut off the excess of the lace part.
- Glue the next lace part directly above the first one, then add the third, fourth etc., until the whole cone has been covered.
- Gently fold each lace strip upwards so that it will create the mock pine branches.
- Hot glue the star to the top of the tree.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!