Making a Paper Plate Christmas Bauble
This cute Christmas bauble is fun and easy to make. This is a page about making a paper plate christmas bauble
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn two paper plates into a Christmas bauble. Decorate it with guipure lace flowers and ribbon, and add a strip cut from a magnetic sheet to the back of the bauble. Stick it onto the fridge, or make a few of these baubles and string them onto a garland.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one bauble
- two standard white economic paper plates
- silver guipure floral lace trim
- true red acrylic paint
- left-over piece of white cardstock
- 14 in of suitable red ribbon
- self adhesive magnetic sheet
- Pilot silver marker pen
- a 10/32" paint brush
- round plastic lid with a diameter of 5.1"
- standard scissors
- utility knife
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Place and centre the 5.1" plastic lid onto the first paper plate, trace all around it and cut out the circle. Do the same with the second paper plate.
- Glue the two circles cut from the paper plates on top of each other. This will make the bauble sturdier.
- Paint the bauble with the true red acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
- Cut five flowers from the guipure floral lace trim.
- Glue the first flower in the centre of the bauble.
- Glue the other four flowers around the edge of the bauble in such a way that only half of each flower will be on the bauble. Cut off the protruding edges.
- Draw the top of the bauble on the white cardstock and cut it out.
- Use the utility knife to cut a hole into the top of the bauble.
- Color the top of the bauble with the Pilot silver marker pen and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the top of the bauble onto the bottom part of the bauble.
- Thread the ribbon through the hole and make a bow. Cut the ends of the ribbon neatly.
- Add a few drops of glue to the knot of the bow, so that the bow won't come loose.
- Cut a strip from the magnetic sheet. Peel off the protective paper and glue the strip to the back of the bauble.