Pill Bottle Pumpkins

These pill bottle pumpkins make perfect little treat holders! They make great gifts or party favors.

1. Thoroughly wash and dry the bottles and lids.
  2. Remove the lids and paint them with green acrylic paint. Allow to dry. Then add additional layers of paint as needed. Tip: To prevent the paint from peeling off you can spray the lids with clear coat.
  3. Place a piece of duct tape to the cutting mat and use a craft knife to cut out a Jack-o-lantern face. Then carefully peel away the excess tape. Stick the face to the pill bottle.
  4. Wrap a chenille stick around the neck of the bottle and twist to hold it in place. Then wrap the ends around a pen to curl the chenille stick.
  5. Fill with candy corn or your favorite candy. Enjoy!

Top Comment

Places that assist the homeless will gladly take pill bottles. They use them for shampoo, soap, lotion etc. I have taken over 100 of them there and they seem very grateful for them. They also have a need for plastic grocery bags. Hope this is helpful.

I like it. Well done :)

Although the candy corn holders made from pill bottles are ADORABLE- they can set a kid up for danger as they are 'candy IN a pill bottle'. So many ads about how some pills 'look' like candy too. Sorry to be the buzz kill-it is a very cute idea.

Anonymous

I had the idea, but was trying to figure out how to paint the faces on the bottles, I tried with some smaller ones and it really didn't work.

I am glad to find your pin, I have just enough larger bottles to make one for each of my younger grandkids. I will use your technique of the black tape, that makes so much more sense.
Thanks so much!
Margaret Davis

Very clever idea. I love to recycle.