Making Pill Bottle Pumpkins
Recycle your empty prescription bottles into these cute treat holders. This is a page about making pill bottle pumpkins
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These pill bottle pumpkins make perfect little treat holders! They make great gifts or party favors.
- pill bottles
- green acrylic paint
- paint brush
- clear coat spray, optional
- chenille sticks (green)
- black duct tape
- craft knife
- cutting mat
- Thoroughly wash and dry the bottles and lids.
- Remove the lids and paint them with green acrylic paint. Allow to dry. Then add additional layers of paint as needed. Tip: To prevent the paint from peeling off you can spray the lids with clear coat.
- Place a piece of duct tape to the cutting mat and use a craft knife to cut out a Jack-o-lantern face. Then carefully peel away the excess tape. Stick the face to the pill bottle.
- Wrap a chenille stick around the neck of the bottle and twist to hold it in place. Then wrap the ends around a pen to curl the chenille stick.
- Fill with candy corn or your favorite candy. Enjoy!
November 20, 20161 found this helpful
Places that assist the homeless will gladly take pill bottles. They use them for shampoo, soap, lotion etc.
I have taken over 100 of them there and they seem very grateful for them. They also have a need for plastic grocery bags. Hope this is helpful.
Turn leftover orange colored prescription bottles into cute Halloween Treats. Learn how to make them in this short video.