Planning Food for a Wedding

How many main entrees, sides, and desserts, do you need to serve at a wedding?

Without more information in your request, it is difficult to provide an answer. More information such as number of guests (children?), season and time of the wedding, inside or outside, type of food service-banquet, buffet, servers, etc., restaurant, home, etc. will help to provide an answer.

I agree with Dinah, it's hard to give advice with so little information.

However, it seems like these days literally "anything goes" at weddings and receptions, so I guess I'd say, it largely depends on your budget, and if you are doing it yourself, the amount of work you are willing for.

If I just had to feed them all dinner I'd do something tasty and inexpensive, like baked chicken, salad, rice, and of course cake. Then I'd use all that money I just saved on a lavish spread for guests to buy some item of good quality furniture for the newlyweds.