Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts

Category Christmas
A fun way to present gifts for Christmas or any occasion is to create a scavenger hunt leading to the hiding places. This is a guide about planning a scavenger hunt for gifts.

For anyone wanting to hide gifts and save on wrapping paper, use boxes out of your pantry. When I start collecting gifts I hide them in my pantry in empty food boxes, they would not look into. I glue the boxes shut. Oatmeal, cake mix, even canned vegetables. Use the can opener that cuts the outside of the can rim and creates a cap. I put the gift inside and glue it shut.

On Christmas day they are given a grocery bag and a shopping list to go shopping for their gifts. They have to get the can opener to open the cans. Some cans have the pull tabs that make it easy.

I always make sure there is only one of the food items in the pantry so there is no confusion. It is time consuming but they look forward to their shopping trip.

By Lois

Until last year, when my sons turned 25 and 26, I would have a scavenger hunt for the last (biggest) gift. I would make 5 clues (rhyming, of course). One would lead to the next and so on until they finally had to figure out the hiding place. I saved all the clues in a scrapbook. This year, I'm doing the "hide the pickle in the tree game". (P.S.: They know their mother is crazy!)

By karen from Lakeville, MA