Making a Popsicle Stick Snowflake
Popsicle sticks or craft sticks are perfect for making these decorative snowflake designs. This is a page about making a Popsicle stick snowflake
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These intricate snowflakes were easy to make and fun to design. We made them as a family and everyone chose to use a different pattern. The instructions are for only one of the designs, but feel free to create your own.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 snowflake
Source: We saw these snowflakes at a friend's house, painted red. It looked so easy, we thought we would try making them.
- 36 Popsicle sticks
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 spray paint
- Make a triangle of popsicle sticks.
- Glue one corner of the triangle.
- Remove the unglued popsicle stick to leave a "V" shape
- Make 9 of these "V" shapes for the center area of the snowflake
- Glue the first 3, facing outward from the center.
- Glue the other 6 "V"s on the ends of those popsicle sticks, facing inward.
- Make 6 double "V"s for the outside ring of the snowflake.
- Glue the 6 double "V"s to the points facing outward.
- Spray paint your snowflake and hang it up. We painted them white and then finished with a glitter spray. Next time, we may sprinkle glitter on the wet paint instead.
December 22, 20160 found this helpful
November 24, 20170 found this helpful
I love this :o Super cuteness