LightsDecorations

Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Very Dim

I have a large 10 year old pre-lit tree it is beautiful except that last year I had replaced lots of lights, this year it is a mess, I am trying to get it perfect again. The issue is I replaced fuses, I am finding the cause of lights that are out, but the more bulbs I replace the dimmer the lights get. Once I get to the last branch in the stand, there is a small very dim orange light left and that is it.

This is taking me hours upon hours and I am not getting it. Am I replacing with the wrong kinds of bulbs, I changed the fuses, what the heck?

Please help!

Best Answer

You will need to buy a special replacement bulb kit for this tree. You can find them online at the Tree Classic. These types of tree have or use a different type of replacement bulb than standard tree lights use. That is why you are having a problem. Some of these lights come with a small resister in each light to make them work where standard tree lights don't use this type of resister.

www.treeclassics.com/.../5023600.htm

You must use the exact same type of bulb the tree originally had. Really good instructions can be found here: www.ehow.com/how_4909855_fix-dim-christmas-lights...

Write or call the company where you purchased the tree for replacement bulbs.You may need a certain type of bulb.