Pre-lit Tree Lights Keep Blinking

Category Lights
Troubleshooting issues with pre-lit trees can be tricky. Even if you can find the problem the next step is to determine if it is repairable. This is a guide about pre-lit tree lights keep blinking.

I have a pre-lit Norway spruce 9ft. Christmas tree. It is simple to set up. All you need to do is to attach each section of the tree (4 sections) and plug the adapter into a wall outlet and that's it, the whole tree lights up.

It's a non-blinking, steady white lights, but now it blinking, flashing actually like it's short circuiting.

What's weird is that whenever it blinks, the adapter makes a crackling, buzzing noise (if you put your ear close to it). The noise happens simultaneously with the blinking.

I changed the outlets, nothing happen. Yesterday, when I plugged in the adapter and nudged it a little bit, it started working again. It worked till today.

It's seems I'm not the only with the same problem. Here is a link to the reviews for the tree which I bought from Sam's club. Scroll down to the Questions sections.
https://m.samsclub.com/ip/members-mark-9-pre-lit-norway-spruce-christmas-tree/prod14220104

Answers

Best Answer

You may still have warranty, I would contact the manufacture and see what they say or if they have any trouble shooting tips.

If not, Sams Club is usually really good with returns if you need to or exchange.

Best Answer

Check to make sure there is no blinker bulb on the light

Best Answer

I suspected it was the adapter so when I called them, they said it was my adapter and that they will send me another. I will wait for it and see if it works.

I have a Holiday Living pre lit Christmas tree #0013693 that is a year old. It worked fine last year. It was stored standing up, covered, and out of harms way. When we set it up today, the top of the tree lights started blinking. That was the only place they are blinking.

It did not do this last year. How do I fix this? We have tried removing bulbs. There is not a short in the wiring. We can't find a bulb that is usually clear with a red end for a flashing bulb.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

I do the same with my tree. This year, the upper and lower parts were out. We found ONE light burnt out ever though. It wasn't supposed to do that. Try checking all the lights one by one. Maybe there is a blinker light that has started to work?