Pumpkin Garland

Here is a simple and easy to make pumpkin garland for fall and Halloween. It is perfect for decorating your fireplace area, or to use as table, party, or home decorations.

The pumpkins, I made from recycled orange cardboard packaging from a photo company I where had my photos printed. (Shutterfly) The rest of the supplies I already had at home.

Total Time: 45 minutes

1. I recycled Shutterfly's packaging to make the strips for my pumpkin. You can use orange paper. I cut 1" x 6" strips. For each pumpkin, it is up to you how many strips you want. The more strips, the fuller the pumpkin will be. I experimented with 6 and 8 strips per pumpkin.
  2. Using a smaller hole puncher (not standard or the hole would be too big), punch the top and bottom.
  3. Add strips to the brad and secure brad in place.
  4. For the stem of the pumpkin, I used a plaid green/white paper. I cut a 1" strip and folded it in half (so the front and back of the paper is both plaid). Then, I used my scissors to freehand cut a stem. I folded up the stem at the wide end, and then punched a hole.
  5. Now insert another brad into the stem we just made, and curve over the pumpkin strips onto the brad. Repeat until all strips are on the brad and secure.
  6. Repeat until you have the amount of pumpkins you want to make.
  7. Advertisement

8. Then I threaded brown yarn through the pumpkins. You can tape them in place on the yarn. They were now ready to hang over my fireplace.

So cute!

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 4, 2018
🎄
🍂