Recycled Bottle Holly Leaf Candlestick Holder

Category Decorations
Recycled bottle crafts are not only popular, but also good for the planet. Use some tall neck beer or soda bottles and your sketching and painting skills to make these festive holly leaf candlestick holders.

Recycling for the holidays is a great way to make your Christmas crafts and save a lot of money. This is such a fun project. I was looking for ways to recycle some old beer bottles that a person gave me for my bottle crafts I love to make. I looked around to get a few ideas and all I basically found was people who used beer bottles to stack on top of each other to make a Christmas tree. That was when I had the idea that the beer bottles were the perfect size to make cute little candlestick holders that could sit on your table or around your home.

Total Time: 4 to 5 hours

Yield: 2 candlestick holders

• 2 to 3 paintbrushes
  • white acrylic paint
  • blue acrylic paint
  • gold glitter gel
  • sponge for applying paint
  • varnish
  • 2 beer bottles
  • permanent marker

1. Wash and clean the beer bottles. Remove the labels. You will need to prime the beer bottles with white acrylic paint. Paint the bottles and set aside to dry completely. It is best to use a sponge to do this step. This saves a lot of paint and gives you a very even coating on the bottle. This way you don't see any type of paint brush strokes on the surface of the bottle.
  2. Advertisement

3. Once the bottles are dry you will need to paint your base color on the bottles. You can choose any color you wish. I am using a light blue for the holidays and this color will make the holly leaves stand out when done. Paint the bottles and put them aside to dry. Use your sponge to apply the color to the bottle.
  4. Draw you holly leaves on the bottle. You can use a permanent marker for this step.
  5. Paint the leaves on the bottle using your paint brushes and acrylic paint. Once they are done, you need to let them dry.
  6. Advertisement

7. Use your sponge to apply a coat of gel glitter to the bottle. This will take a little time to dry. Allow the gel glitter time to dry.
  8. Apply a coat a varnish to the finished bottle. Allow time for the varnish to dry. Now you can add candles to the top of the bottles and sit these on your dinner table or around your home for the holidays. These also make a cute gift to give to your friends.

Nice painting work!

Thank you so much. I have been painting since I was very young.

Crafts Christmas DecorationsJanuary 14, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-16 00:04:01 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️