Making a Recycled Glamour Gift Box
Recycle a round cardboard box into a beautiful gift box to fill with small seasonal or special occasion gifts. This is a guide about making a recycled glamour gift box
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Christmas is a time for sharing small gifts with family, friends, and neighbors. It is a time to spread some cheer and good will. Turn an old cardboard box into a glamorous box. Fill it with a thoughtful gift, such as chocolates or a homemade jar of jam, and you are ready to share the spirit of Christmas without breaking the bank in the process.
Total Time: 30 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one box
- used round cardboard box
- 0.5 in wide self-adhesive silver glitter fabric tape
- silver rhinestone encrusted flat-sided charm
- bronze ink glimmer mist
- powder green acrylic paint
- Pilot silver marker pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- two sponges ~ use those that were inside medicine bottles
- Use the one sponge to give the bottom part of the box and the lid an uneven wash with the green paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the second sponge to give the box and lid a wash with the ink glimmer mist and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the silver pen to add squiggles to the box and lid. Then, in random places, use the pen to add ink drops and use your finger to smear the silver ink over the box and lid. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add a strip of fabric tape around the lid of the box.
- Add two strips of fabric tape across the top of the lid.
- Glue the charm to the top of lid and voila!
November 8, 20150 found this helpful
December 6, 20150 found this helpful
I wouldn't be surprised if the recipient appreciates the container more than it's contents. This charming, little box is sure to become a keepsake.
December 7, 20150 found this helpful
Thx likekinds, what a kind comment! :-) Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Read More Comments
December 9, 20150 found this helpful
Thanks likekinds, I appreciate your kind comment!