Red Velvet Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
These festive cookies are not only delicious, but the kids can help make them. This page contains a recipe for making red velvet peppermint crinkle cookies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A festive red cookie for the holidays and they taste great. My 6 year old really had fun crushing the candy canes in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin :)
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 pkg. red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Mix cooled butter, cake mix, eggs, and peppermint extract. Add crushed candy canes and stir.
- Mix powdered sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Roll balls of dough in powdered sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet, leaving space for cookies to spread.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Cookies are best served warm.
December 22, 20170 found this helpful
how much peppermint extract do you use.