Removing Flarp Putty from Carpet

Category Carpet
Green flarp putty.
If you have made Flarp putty for your kids to play with, it may end up in the carpet. This is a guide about removing Flarp putty from carpet.

How do I get Flarp out of my new carpet?

By Ljkirven from Plainfield, IL

Answers

Best Answer

Another post and following string suggested white vinegar. It's working for us tonight after coming home from a hockey game to find that our dog got into my purse, our son's toys and blue Flarp. Vinegar works!

Best Answer

Love that I can go online and find a solution to anything! Just had green Flarp mashed into the carpet and found that the vinegar dissolved it and you can not even tell it had ever been there! It was a mashed spot about 4" wide and just covered in lime green Flarp. We picked off what we could and I just soaked it in vinegar for a minute or two then wiped up and kept wiping till paper towels are not green. So happy!

Best Answer

Thank you! Used the vinegar advice below and it definitely worked. First I used a butter knife and, with it flat, I slid it under the putty to pull up as much as possible.Then, I used white vinegar and poured a good amount on the paper towel and started blotting over and over with wet and dry paper towels until no color from the noise putty showed up on the paper towels. Miracle. thanks so much. I love the internet!

Best Answer

Vinegar! I used apple cider because that's the only kind I had. I soaked a wash cloth with the ACV and scrubbed it right out! The "flarp" broke apart and the stain was removed completely within 5 minutes of scrubbing.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Vinegar worked like a charm! Had a pile of flarp left on carpet and took a washcloth and poured vinegar on it and rubbed on the spot on carpet and it dissolved it right away!

My daughter left the cover off her newly acquired Flarp noise putty. It ran into the carpet and is caked in really badly. I need ideas for getting it out of the carpet. I called the company and they weren't helpful.

By Shimanoman71 from Medford, WI

Answers:

Removing Flarp Putty from Carpet

I have had to do the following for things like this: Harden it with ice, scrape, and vacuum. Hope this works. Robyn (04/15/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Removing Flarp Putty from Carpet

If the ice cube method does not work, I would suggest the following:

• Wet a folded dishcloth, not to the point of dripping.
  • Place it on top of the Flarp
  • Press down and leave in place for a few hours
  • Remove the dishcloth
  • Check if the Flarp has softened
  • Carefully scrape up the Flarp
  • Repeat until as much as possible had been removed
  • Before the area is bone dry, gently vacuum.
Good Luck (04/19/2009)

By hedera