Removing Mats from a Dog's Fur?

I have a Sable Collie and she has very soft hair. The problem I have is that her hair is matted up. The reason is that I didn't get her brushed out last fall. I was ill and just couldn't do it. Now I have tried this whole year to get it under control, but it's gotten ahead of me. Should I cut all of her hair off and let it grown back? Winter is setting in and I'm not sure cutting it all off would be safe to do; she's in a kennel.

By Ginny

You may have to take her to a professional groomer. Tell them she's being kenneled and you can't shave her down. Make sure the groomer feels confident they can solve the problem.
Good luck.

I have a sheltie and I give her Sardine Oil daily in her food. NOT Salmon Oil! They are not the same. I usually brush her out thoroughly 3 or 4 times a year, and gentle brushing in between. It is available on line or in specialty pet shops. The hair left on furniture etc is significantly less than when I haven't used the oil. Good shampoo/conditioner also a must. My Shih-Tzu Maltese does not shed, but does need regular brushing. A good detangler is CHI for dogs. Smells great too!

Pets Dogs GroomingNovember 12, 2014
🎉
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Mats-from-a-Dogs-Fur.html