Removing Mothball Smell

How do I get rid of mothballs smell out of my house. I just recently moved in and the previous owners had them all over.

By avaloslupe50 from Baytown, TX

Mothballs will be the death of me. Bought a house that reeked of those suckers. Had owner get rid of them and that helped, but not much. What's really helping me is small bowls of white vinegar all over the house. Helps get rid of cigarette odors also. Going to have to get rid of carpet going upstairs and that will help too. I'm winning but not very fast.

Me and my husband have been feeling sick I believe it's the mott balls I put in the room I think I put too many one in each drawer
W . Otherwise have been feeling tired dizzy and headaches please tell me that we are going to be OK

I had to move out of my house for 3 months because previous owner had mothballs. Also had to go to a pulmonologist and had asthma symptoms for 2 months. I highly recommend getting out of your house until the smell goes away. It took 3 months in our case for the smell to go away. There is a machine called the ozone generator that is suppose to be able to get rid of the smell. I never used it because I found out after the fact. I high, highly recommend you try out the machine, if not get out of your place because you will get very sick. Mothballs are actually banned in several countries, including Australia around the world because they have killed babies.

PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! Whatever Y'all needed the mothballs for, Pray for better solution! Remove the mothballs immediately, Google that vinegar solution for ridding place of that horrible odor!!!

How do I remove moth ball odors from a cedar chest?

Anonymous

That was just a major redundancy. As cedar itself is a moth deterrent. It's why you make chests and line closets with it. Set it out in the sun, open for an afternoon or so

Please how do I get rid of moth ball smell put some out for some proble with a snake an it has penetrated throughout the house put it outfit just for want day and remove it the next day

What was your solution? I have the same problem. Put out snake deterent now smell has permeated my basement storage area and crawl space.

I put some in crawl space in back of house under kitchen is this harmful for new owner

Anonymous

What beside coffee grinds work to get rid if mothball smell in mobilehome?