Removing Paint Transfer on Vehicles With a Magic Eraser

Removing paint transfers on your car may be something you can do yourself. The Magic Eraser has been used by some vehicle owners successfully. Always test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure that your paint will not be damaged. This is a guide about removing paint transfer on vehicles with a Magic Eraser.

My husband went ballistic when he saw a scrape on my car bumper. My grandkids ride their bikes, etc. and he just knew someone had "nicked" the paint on the bumper. I took a tiny bit of a Mr. Clean sponge (the clean-the-marks kind) and gently scrubbed the "nick". It was gone in no time, and not a trace of anything remained. Disaster averted. Even got rid of a few more that looked like nicks!

By Linda from Ashdown, AR

Top Comment

Back when I was with my first husband, I grazed the side of the garage with the door of our car and I heard about it for weeks. One evening when he was not around, I took rubbing compound and rubbed the scratches out and you could not ever tell they had been there. He never said a word to me about it. Six months later he totaled the car.

I've used Magic Eraser for tree sap on my older cars and it works wonders!

Top Comment

Hi: living in Hawaii with a white refrigerator isn't easy, but Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser also keeps it like new. As you've used it for your car it's also good for white refrigerators too.

It's great that the eraser does all sorts of things that keeps our family in harmony and gives us an easy way to keep our home sparkling-terrific isn't it!

I hit a yellow pole with my brand new truck and had no idea how to get the yellow paint off. I went online and someone suggested using the Magic Eraser. It worked awesome, without ruining my paint job. I still have a couple of marks from the pole however ALL of the paint came off without too much elbow grease.

By Heather from Jacksonville, FL

Top Comment

I've also had good luck with paint cleaner - the newer kind for clearcoat paint on autos.

Those new 'eraser' sponges also work on cars. Last summer I backed into the garage and got too close, the result was brown paint on a white car! Yikes! Only minimal elbow grease required.

The brand I used was 'easy erasing pad' by Scotch-brite at Wal-mart, approx. $5 for 2 pads.

By Donna