Removing Tree Sap from a Driveway

It can be difficult to remove sap from a driveway. Petroleum based cleaners can be very useful in removing the sap, especially if pressure washing has failed to remove it.

I just had my asphalt driveway seal coated and there is now fresh tree sap all over it from pine trees next to driveway. How can I clean the sap off without damaging the sealcoat?

Answers

Best Answer

Use a petroleum based cleaner and then rinse off with the garden hose.

Best Answer

One thing I do use around my yard is a power sprayer. Just hook up the garden hose and start spraying. This seems to do the trick for me. Other than this you'll need to get some white spirit and try this.

Best Answer

Try the cheapest rubbing alcohol you can find. We can get it at our dollar store.

Pour it on the sap. Let it sit for a few minutes...no more than 15, and hose it away. It may take a few times, but it works well. Post back with an update!

Best Answer

Cleansers asphalt driveway with a seal. Will remove without taking your seal. They have a lot on the market at your home improvement store!

How can you remove pine tree sap from a textured (and sealed) concrete driveway? This applies to both fresh (sticky) and old (hardened) gum.

By Trevor from Sydney, Australia

Answers

Best Answer

To clean tree sap from your driveway you will need a petroleum based hand cleaner(such as Goop hand cleaner and stain remover) a clean cloth or scrub brush, paper towels, and a hose or pressure washer

Step 1
Apply a petroleum based hand cleaner to clean cloth or scrub brush. The water-less hand cleaner and degreaser called Goop is what I would recommend.

Step 2
Scrub tree sap applying cleaner as needed until all the sap has been scrubbed off.

Step 3
Wipe up the tree sap and cleaner with paper towels.

Step 4
Rinse with a garden hose or pressure washer.

Here is a link to the product I was talking about so you will know what to look for when shopping. They carry it at most Auto Part stores.
www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwi57YKSou3WAhWJin4KHXUFC_4YABAlGgJwYw...

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 4, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻