Replacing a Strand of Lights on Pre-lit Tree

My dog chewed the wire on the bottom strand of lights on our prelit tree. Can we unplug this strand from the one it's connected to and replace it with a new strand?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Yes you can. My dog didn't eat the lights but the middle section of our prelit tree did not light this year. I bought a matching color bulbs string of lights at the drug store. I unplugged the broken lights at both ends and put the new string in its place. I left the old broken string on the tree. I was afraid I would ruin the tree if I tried to cut it off. When the tree is lit, you don't see the old string.

These trees are dangerous we bought one just before christmas.. Christmas day all the lights on the tree died..Im not surprised to see a message ""my tree burst into flames"

Its going back.