Ripped Fabric Wrapped Faux Candy Canes

Category Decorations
Rip up seasonal fabric and wrap it around outdoor faux candy cane decorations. This treatment can rejuvenate older discolored canes or make store bought canes more unique. Display them inside if the weather is too wintry or wet outdoors.

I have had these for a few years, meaning to do this for almost that long. Well this last week, I got the chance. They had lights inside, so when I took off the end cap, I tossed them. While I might not be able to display them outside (cruddy weather), you can see how cute they are, the world's biggest faux candy canes. I hope you like them.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 4

Source: I have seen smaller versions and love anything ripped and wrapped

• 4 3' plastic candy canes
  • 24 linear yards ripped fabric of your choice
  • scissors
  • 14 hot glue sticks

1. For each cane, you will need a square or two pieces of strips to cover the tip. Just fold and glue and then you can start your wrapping. If you like the wired ribbon you can get, you can cut the edges off and then depending on the width, cut them down the middle. I loved the colors on this one, and just had to make it work.
  2. Advertisement

3. Rip strips of fabric in your choice of colors.
  4. Now begin wrapping at an angle. This makes it easier for your fabric to spiral down and cover all the little places where you have to join the next strip.
  5. Do this to the end of the cane. Mine had defunked lights inside and when I popped off the cap, they came out with it. I intend(ed) to put them on some old tomato spikes and display them in the yard even for a photo. We will see what happens in the morning. But this is what they look like in the windows. N-JOY!!
  6. Advertisement

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Christmas DecorationsJanuary 14, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-15 23:06:12 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️